After Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.5, you can house not only cats in Vs Apartments, but also iguanas. We’ll show you how it works.
No one likes to be alone. Especially in the dystopian future of Cyberpunk 2077. That’s why after patch 1.5 you can get a second pet to keep Nibbles’ hairless cat company: the iguana. In our guide, we’ll take you through how to adopt a reptile and move it into Vee’s apartment.
How to Adopt an Iguana in Cyberpunk 2077
Prerequisite: To adopt an iguana in Cyberpunk 2077, you must download and install Patch 1.5. Reptile is not yet available in earlier versions.
Step 1: Locate the iguana eggs
First you need to find an egg from which the iguana will hatch later. You can only find it in one place: Yorinobu Arasaka Penthouse in Konpeki Plaza:
Enter the penthouse.
On your left is a small tree trunk with an iguana perched on it.
Look at the far end of the log, where you can collect eggs.
You must collect Easter Eggs in the first act of the Cyberpunk 2077 game, “The Coup”. According to the developers, this is the only moment in the game where you need to enter Konpeki Plaza or the Penthouse.
The best way to find iguana eggs is by the tree trunk in Rei’s apartment when playing the main quest
Tip: Don’t forget to collect two unique weapons in Yorinobu’s apartment: the gun by Yorinobu’s bed (Kongou) and the katana (Satori) in Satoru’s shuttle on the roof landing platform.
What if I’ve already done the coup?
This obviously complicates things if you’ve completed The Flip and haven’t collected the Iguana Egg yet. However, it’s not entirely impossible to gain access to Kimpeggy Plaza and Yorinobu’s penthouse after Cyberpunk 2077 Act 1 – even after patch 1.5.
To do this, you just need to cheat:
- Equip the Augmented Loop Network Implant.
- Swim to Konpeki Square or park on the highway above the hotel gate and enter the grounds through the hotel.
- Go to the main entrance of Jinbi Plaza.
- Book a car at the hotel’s main entrance.
- Park the car parallel to the front door, which will lock with the latch.
- Now it’s up to you: put the car close enough to the front door and hold V between them – this should open the shutters.
- Now go through the hotel until you get to the point where you broke the glass with Jackie while looting from above.
- Use the electrified jump to reach the outside of the penthouse.
- The sliding door is still open, so you can go in.
Step 2: Place iguana eggs in V’s apartment
If you own the iguana egg, you must return it to Vee’s apartment. Note, however, that you’ll have to complete Act One and the “Time Trial” quest – which means you’ll have to meet Takemura at Tom’s Diner.Once you’ve done this, you’ll find a small bowl in the center of the living room in Apartment V that you can interact with. With the iguana eggs on the plate above, you can now proceed to the final step of our guide.
Step Three: Wait, Wait, Wait
Now you just have to wait. More like the damn long wait. In-game, it can take up to two months for your new iguana pet to hatch from its egg. But you can abuse the wait function in Cyberpunk 2077 with good conscience. The best way is as follows:
Leave apartment V – do not wait in the apartment.
Best to follow Wilson’s store so you don’t get too close to the apartment.
Open the game menu and wait 24 hours.
Repeat this process and visit the apartment every 15-20 days to check that the iguanas have hatched.
After about 60 days, our scaly friend finally showed up. So please be patient.
What Else You Should Know About Pet Iguanas Vs
Will the iguana replace Nibbles?
No, the iguana didn’t take Nibbles’ place at Vee’s apartment. Two animals can live in the same apartment—sometimes they even communicate with each other. So if you want to see a lizard snuggle up with a naked cat, after patch 1.5.
In Cyberpunk 2077, you have a great opportunity to do just that.
Can iguanas be moved to another apartment?
No, Iguanas and Nibbles will live in V’s standard apartment in the H10 megastructure. None of these animals can live in one of the four additional apartments that appeared in Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.5.
How to buy a new apartment?
There are two different ways to buy new apartments after patch 1.5:
- Use your PC to log into the network in V’s standard apartment. From there go to the EZEstates in-game website. There, you can choose between four different properties for sale or purchase a newly designed property for V’s standard apartment.
- After completing the first act of Cyberpunk 2077, a new mission submenu will be available in the Vs Journal. Select the side quest for the apartment you want to buy and follow the signs. There you can easily buy an apartment on the spot. ))
How much does a new apartment cost?
The four new apartments offered to you vary greatly in price. The following list shows how much you have to pay for Eddy for different objects:
- Mega Building H10: Free and Standard Apartments
- North side: 5,000 vertebrae
- Japantown: 15,000 vertebrae
- Canyon: 40,000 vertebrae
- Corpo Plaza: 55,000 Vortex
Do I have to pay rent for a new apartment? No, there are no recurring fees when you purchase new properties in Cyberpunk 2077. You pay only once for the purchase price of the apartment and there are no other fees.